PRICING - LONG DISTANCE MOVE
Across Town or Across the Country--Moishe’s Makes Your Next Move Your Best Move!
You’re ready to make that big move. So much to think about and plan ... so much to look forward to! What about transporting all your possessions? It could be one of your biggest nightmares — especially if you try to do it yourself or decide to hire an unknown mover without long distance moving experience.
Why not call the most respected NYC long-distance moving company, Moishe’s Moving Systems, and afford yourself the first-class treatment you and your life’s belongings deserve? We appreciate that we’re moving your life, so we safeguard your possessions with greater care than we would our own. We’re the Rolls-Royce of interstate moving companies. Countless VIP’s and celebrities throughout New York City and the Tri-State area have relied on us for moving, from Ron Silver to Jim Henson.
Moishe’s expanded into an interstate moving company by conducting comprehensive research into inter- and intra-state moving regulations. We studied long-distance moving companies, observing their best practices and their mistakes. We did our homework. As a result, we're now proud to count ourselves among the nation's leading interstate moving companies.
Moishe’s Long Distance Moving Rates
Unlike a local move, long distance moves require extensive planning. Interstate and international moves require loads of paperwork, research and planning. You will want to start planning months in advance and choose a long distance moving company with resources all over the nation, such as Moishe’s Moving.
How will you be charged for long-distance moving?
The Elements of Pricing
Long-distance moving companies base their pricing on the following elements. Moishe’s Moving Systems offers you the greatest value for your money in all five areas:
- Volume: Pricing is based on the actual volume being moved state to state. The long-distance rate (called a tariff) is regulated by the Federal Highway Administration (FHA).
- Distance: Based on those basic rates, a mover may offer discounts to customers. These may be based on destination, if the start or end point of the move is one to which the company may travel on a regular or frequent basis, or they may be seasonal to encourage business during slower times of the year.
- Packing and Materials: The cost of boxes and other packing materials provided by the mover. For more details and information on materials, refer to our Packing Materials section.
- Valuation/ Insurance: A basic fee to cover your belongings in case of any damage that occurs during your move. We encourage you to visit our section on Valuation Coverage for more details.
- Accessorial Charges: The tariff also applies to “accessorial” charges by long-distance moves. Some of these extra charges could include the cost of fuel and worker’s compensation, which may vary from state to state.